400 S. Palafox St. 469-9898,
• Jackson’s Steakhouse will present a wine and food event, “A Taste of the Season,” on Thursday, Sept. 30 at 5:30 p.m. With Chef Irv Miller’s new fall/winter menu as the inspiration, Curtis Flower of Distinctive Kitchens has hand selected four stellar wines to complement a selection of fall dishes prepared by Chef Irv Miller. The featured presentation for the evening is as follows:
Reception: Chicken-fried veal sweetbreads with black-pepper cream sauce crostini with brie, caramelized Vidalia onions, sliced Anjou pears, spiced walnuts and scallions paired with Domenico de Bertiol Prosecco di Conegliano NV, Italy
Second Pairing: Sautéed shrimp caponata with pork belly, wilted kale and Cantonment white cheddar grits paired with De Martino Legado Chardonnay Reserve, Chile 2007
Third Pairing: Pappardelle with Cornish game-hen confit, roasted acorn squash, wild mushrooms, brown butter sauce and fresh chives paired with Primarius Pinot Noir, Oregon 2008
Fourth Pairing: Roast beef tenderloin medallions with sweet corn and butter bean succotash with buttermilk mashed potatoes paired with Annabella Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, California 2007
To Finish: Baked sweet potato and Granny Smith apple cobbler with cinnamon and sugar dust, vanilla ice cream and crispy basil
The event is $65 per person plus tax and gratuity. Seating is limited, and reservations are required. Call 469-9898 to reserve your space.
Will Call Sports Grille
22 Palafox Place, 912-8644,
• Are you ready for some Xbox football? If so, join Will Call for Monday Night “Maddness” beginning Sept. 13. Every Monday night, Will Call will have a Madden 11 tournament. Sign up throughout the week to sit in their new Will Call MVP box seats and play on one of the giant projector screens. Winners of each weekly tournament will receive prizes and advance to the first Will Call Big Ticket Tournament to be played Jan. 30, the Sunday before the Super Bowl. The winner of the Big Ticket Tournament gets to take home the Xbox and Madden 11 and will receive a Will Call gift certificate. Email George Moore at email@example.com.
310 E. Government St., 2nd Floor, 469-8060, galleryzarragossa.com
• Gallery Zarragossa will hold its grand reopening on Gallery Night at its new location at 310 E. Government St., 2nd Floor. The gallery will present “Believe,” a collection of works by mixed media artist Justin Sadur-Torres and wood turner James McClure. Enjoy light refreshments and live music performed by Kilarney. Regular gallery hours are Tuesday-Thursday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; Friday-Saturday 11 a.m.-6 p.m.; Closed Sunday; and open Monday by appointment.
The Leisure Club
126 S. Palafox Place,
• Downtown Pensacola’s newest venue is now open. The coffee bar’s open early to satisfy your java cravings, and they stay open late if you’re looking to unwind with a glass of wine.
4238 Fairfield Drive, 453-2980, savannablue.net
• Savanna Blue Neighborhood Grill and Wowoblue Karaoke & Comedy Club is now open in Pensacola. The grill serves up breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week. Menu items run the gamut from standard sports bar fare like mozzarella sticks and nachos to down-home dinner entrees like chicken-fried steak and gravy, to wings, to seafood platters filled with clams, shrimp and catfish. Savanna Blue also features two-for-one wells and domestics all day every day, as well as additional daily food and drink specials. Check out comedy on Wednesdays, live entertainment on Fridays, karaoke on Saturdays, and more. Check out their website for additional events and details.