A foundation of the Society for Design Administration (SDA), Canstruction® is a trademarked design/build competition currently held in cities throughout North America and countries around the world. Teams of local architects, engineers and students mentored by these professionals compete to design and build giant structures made entirely out of canned foods. Canstruction® will be held in conjunction with Gallery Night, where you can stroll through downtown Pensacola and experience an eclectic array of music, art and cuisine while exploring the galleries and businesses featuring the works of dozens of local artists.
Much to our delight, and thanks to a sponsorship from Stella Artois, Palafox Street will be closed to automotive use from Garden Street to Government Street, making foot traffic safer and more convenient.
Following is a list of Official Participants for the Sept. 17 Gallery Night:
*Indicates businesses displaying Canstruction® Art.
1. 600 South, 600 S. Palafox St.
2. Art Praha Galerie, 124 Palafox Place
3. Artel Gallery, 223 Palafox Place*
4. Blazzues, 200 Palafox Place
5. Blue Morning Gallery, 112 Palafox Place
6. Coco, 116 Palafox Place
7. Digital Now, 282 N. Palafox St.
8. Distinctive Kitchens, 29 Palafox Place*
9. Doghouse Deli, 30 Palafox Place
10. Dollarhide’s Music Center, 41 Palafox Place
11. Don Alans, 401 Palafox Place
12. Dorothy’s Dance Plus Studio, 28 ½ Palafox Place
13. Elebash Jewelry, 36 S. Palafox Place*
14. Ever’man Natural Foods, 315 W. Garden St.
15. Fish House & Atlas Oyster House, 600 S. Barracks St.
16. Five Sister’s Blues Café, 421 W. Belmont St.
17. Gallery 11, 101 S. Baylen St.
18. Global Grill, 27 S. Palafox Place
19. Grand Reserve, 210 Palafox Place
20. Hopjacks Pizza Kitchen & Taproom, 8-10 Palafox Place
21. In Detail, 59 E. Gregory St.
22. Intermission, 214 Palafox Place
23. Jackson’s Steakhouse, 400 Palafox Place
24. Jewelers Trade Shop, 26 Palafox Place
25. Meadow’s Jewelers, 125 Palafox Place
26. New York Nick’s, 9-11 Palafox Place
27. Pensacola Cultural Center, 400 S. Jefferson St.
28. Pensacola Historical Museum, 115 E. Zarragossa St.
29. Pensacola Museum of Art, 407 S. Jefferson St.*
30. Quayside Gallery, 17 E. Zarragossa St.
31. Ragtyme Grille, 201 S. Jefferson St.
32. Rock Hard Designs, 16 N. Palafox St.
33. Saenger Theatre, 118 S. Palafox Place*
34. Seville Quarter, 130 E. Government St.*
35. Sole Inn and Suites, 200 N. Palafox St.
36. STOA Architects, 121 E. Government St.
37. Suite Ultra-Lounge, 21 W. Romana St.
38. Susan Campbell Jewelry, 32 Palafox Place
39. Sweet Tea Reflections, 310 E. Government St.
40. The Leisure Club, 126 Palafox Place
41. Truth for Youth, 401 N. Reus St.*
42. Vic & Ike’s, 104 Palafox Place
43. Vinyl Music Hall, 2 Palafox Place
44. Virginia College, 19 W. Garden St.
45. Will Call Sports Grille, 22 Palafox Place
About Gallery Night
Gallery Night is held from 5-9 p.m. in downtown Pensacola. The remaining 2010 event dates are Sept.17 and Nov. 19. Gallery Night is funded solely by the downtown businesses who participate. Do your part to support the arts. Be sure to look for the Official Participant sign in business windows and show your appreciation with a compliment, a “thank you” or a purchase. For more information, or to find out what each venue is featuring, visit downtownpensacola.com.
WHEN: 5-9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 17
WHERE: Downtown Pensacola