This month’s Gallery Night takes place on Friday, May 16 and packs a full schedule. Portions of Palafox and Government streets close from 5 p.m. through midnight. With over 40 participating businesses in the downtown area, Gallery Night is the perfect time to either stop in at one of your regular haunts, or visit an art gallery, retailer or restaurant that you’ve been eyeing, but haven’t gotten a chance to check out.
As for activities, multiple venues have events scheduled that happily coincide with the city’s monthly night on the town. In addition to its regular entertainment lineup, Seville Quarter is hosting a hot rod car show along with its local artist showcase along Government Street. A performance of the Pensacola Little Theatre’s production “Noises Off” will also take place in the Pensacola Cultural Center, just across the street from the Pensacola Museum of Art, one of multiple galleries open for the evening.
Sports fans can take in a Blue Wahoos home game against Jacksonville before heading out into the revelry. Add in live music at Sluggo’s (Softspot with Early Sounder and Greg Bond) and Vinyl Music Hall (KONGOS), and there really is a little something for everyone at Gallery Night.
Official Participant List
Courtesy of the Downtown Improvement Board
1. Artel Gallery, 223 S. Palafox
2. Beef ‘O’ Brady’s, 22 S. Palafox
3. Belle Ame’, 112 S. Palafox
4. Blue Morning Gallery, 21 S. Palafox
5. Carmen’s Lunch Bar, 407 S. Palafox
6. Consumer Credit Counseling Service of West Florida (CCCS), 325 S. Palafox
7. Dog House Deli, 30 S. Palafox
8. Dollarhide’s Music Center, 41 S. Palafox
9. Don Alans, 401 S. Palafox
10. Four Seasons Café, 112 S. Palafox
11. Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, 106 S. Palafox
12. Grand Reserve Cigar & Smoke Shop, 210 S. Palafox
13. Harvest Outreach Church at the REX Theatre, 18 Palafox
14. Helen Back, 22 S. Palafox Pl.
15. Hopjacks Pizza Kitchen & Taproom, 10 S. Palafox
16. Indigeaux Denim Bar & Boutique, 122 S. Palafox
17. Intermission, 214 S. Palafox
18. Jewlers Trade Shop, 26 S. Palafox
19. Kohn’s Asian Bistro, 34 S. Palafox
20. Mainline Art House, 422 S. Palafox
21. New York Nick’s, 9 S. Palafox
22. Old Hickory Whiskey Bar Co., 123 S. Palafox
23. O’Riley’s Irish Pub, 321 S. Palafox
24. Pensacola Museum Of Art, 407 S. Jefferson St.
25. Picasso Jazz Club, 19 Palafox
26. Pita Pit, 1 S. Palafox
27. Pure Pilates, 424 S. Palafox
28. Quayside Art Gallery, 17 E. Zaragoza St.
29. Sam Marshall Architects, 325 S. Palafox
30. Seville Quarter, 130 E. Government St.
31. Susan Campbell Jewelry, 420 S. Palafox
32. The Bodacious Olive/The Bodacious Brew/SoGourmet, 407 S. Palafox
33. The Great Southern Restaurant Group, Jackson’s Steakhouse, Fish House, Atlas Oyster House and the Deck Bar. The Courtyard at Seville Tower, 226 S. Palafox
34. The Leisure Club, 126 Palafox
35. The T.T. Wentworth, Jr. Florida State Museum, 330 S. Jefferson St.
36. The Tin Cow, 102 S. Palafox
37. The Wine Bar, 16 Palafox
38. Urban Objects, 128 S. Palafox
39. World of Beer/Blend Lounge, 200 S. Palafox
40. Zarzaur Law Firm, 11 E. Romana St.