FREE YOGA EVERY TUESDAY NIGHT AT EVER’MAN Beckie Sathrie, yoga instructor at Abhaya Yoga Center, will lead participants through postures while directing breath and continued movements. The class is free for members and $2 for non members. Please bring a mat or towel. Ever’man Natural Foods, 315 W. Garden St. 438-0402 or everman.org.
AUTISM INFORMATION AND RESOURCE FAIR TO BE HELD AT SACRED HEART In honor of Autism Awareness Month, Autism Pensacola will be hosting a free Information and Resource Fair on Thursday, April 7 from 6-8 p.m. in the Greenhut Auditorium on the main campus of Sacred Heart Hospital. The resource fair will highlight area nonprofit organizations that provide autism-related services, as well as businesses that cater to the needs of the autism community in the greater Pensacola area. Services beneficial to individuals of all ages will be covered including early intervention, recreational activities, transition into adulthood and job skills.
The fair will also feature two 30-minute education workshops, and light refreshments will be available. For more information or to apply for vendor space, please call Rebecca Sterzing at 261-9610 or Tammy Mendiola at 623-2878 or e-mail email@example.com.
Autism Pensacola, Inc., is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the lives of those living with autism in the greater Pensacola area. For more information on Autism Pensacola, please call 434-7171 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SACRED HEART PROVIDES FREE HEALTH SCREENINGS IN APRIL FOR POOR, ELDERLY AND UNINSURED Sacred Heart Health System will provide free health screenings in April at sites in Pensacola, Cantonment, Milton, Ft. Walton Beach, Port St. Joe, Gulf Shores, Ala., and Orange Beach, Ala. These screenings are designed for the poor, elderly and uninsured.
Three oral-health screenings are scheduled this month. At other sites, Sacred Heart staff will provide heart-health screenings to measure blood pressure, blood sugar and total cholesterol and to screen for anemia. These screenings are helpful in diagnosing conditions that put people at high risk for heart attack, stroke, diabetes and other health problems.
Sacred Heart’s Mission in Motion staff will provide screenings for adults at the following locations:
* April 1 from 9-11:30 a.m. at Ft. Walton Beach Waterfront Bargain Center in Ft. Walton Beach. Heart-health screening.
• April 2 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. at the ‘’Healthy, Wealthy and Wise Health Fair’’ at Zion Hope Church, 201 W. Leonard St. in Pensacola. Heart-health screening.
• April 12 from 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at Charity Chapel, 5820 Montgomery Ave. in Pensacola. Non-fasting heart-health screening.
• April 13 from 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at Bayview Senior Center, 2000 Lloyd St. in Pensacola. Oral-health screening only.
• April 16 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Ferry Pass, 8351 Caminitti Lane in Pensacola. Non-fasting heart-health screening.
• April 20 from 9-11:30 a.m. at St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church, 6457 Park Ave. in Milton. Heart-health screening.
• April 26 from 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Orange Beach Senior Center in Orange Beach, Ala. Oral-health screening only.
• April 27 from 9-11:30 a.m. at Westwood Homes, 4400 Westover St. in Pensacola. Heart-health screening.
• April 28 from 9-11:30 a.m. at Cantonment Council on Aging, 132 Mintz Lane in Cantonment. Oral-health screening only.
Mission in Motion is a community service provided by Sacred Heart Health System in Pensacola. For more information, call 416-7826.
UPCOMING EVENTS AT BREATHE YOGA STUDIO
• HEALING VEDIC MANTRAS
Date: April 17
Time: 1-3 p.m.
Investment: $35 includes a lotus seed mala (prayer beads) from India.
A mantra is like an affirmation that has powerful results, even if you don’t know the literal meaning. A mantra is a mystical energy bound to a series of sounds. Spiritual aspirants have been using these sound sequences for thousands of years in their practices, and as a result these mantras become highly charged. The vibration that is created in the body and which emanates from mantras stimulates and harmonizes one’s subtle energy system. The class will practice using the mala (beads) and mantras together to create a powerful meditation.
• TANGO-THE DANCE OF LOVE
The Pensacola Argentine Tango Society (PATS) kicks off their “First Friday” Milonga April 1 at 8 p.m. $5 per person. Come alone or bring a friend. Beginners and singles are welcome. Thursday night classes begin April 7 at 7:30 p.m. and go through June. Go to facebook.com/tangoatpats or contact Neil Liveakos at 449-3838 for more information.
UPCOMING AREA RUNS
Saturday, April 2
RUN WITH THE DOGS 8 a.m. University of West Florida. Contact Ali Gerold at 516-5003 or email@example.com for more information. runwiththedogs.org.
Saturday, April 9
RUN FOR THE STARS 5K AND ONE MILE FUN RUN 8 a.m. University of West Florida. Contact Peter Haupt at 937-1073 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. runforthestars.net.
Sunday, April 10
GULF COAST HALF MARATHON 7 a.m. Casino Beach Parking Lot. 325-0131, email@example.com or pbhalf.com.
Saturday, April 30
37TH ANNUAL FIESTA 10K AND 5K RUN/WALK 7:30 a.m. Pensacola State College.
Contact Paul Epstein at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.